Bebel Without a Clause
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Malayan Malaya concept in 1929/30-George Bilainkin Editor Straits Echo
For the recollection of those mudah lupa, the original name of this country is SEMENANJUNG TANAH MELAYU or MALAY PENINSULAR. It was not any other name… not Korean Peninsular or Arabian Peninsular or Chinese Peninsular or Indian Peninsular. If Britain rightfully belongs to the British, France belongs to the French, China belongs to the Chinese, India belongs to Indians therefore MALAYA rightfully belongs to the Malays. Hence, MALAYS are NEVER pendatang. Shahrom and his species should know this.
If a Chinese near the Mongolian border moved to Canton was not considered as a migrant, an Indian near the Afghan border moved to Madras was not considered as a migrant either, therefore if a Sumatran or a Bugis or a Javanese moved to Semenanjung Tanah Melayu, he was also NOT a migrant, if, of course, one understands the concept of Dunia Melayu / Nusantara. [Note: However, as our Constitution dictates, one must recognise the constitutional rights of all Malaysian citizens, including non Malay origin].
I received this extract from a very close friend of mine through the email to further confirm this ‘should be non issue’ issue. With his permission, I’m putting this in this blog to be shared with. Tqvm, Dato’.
Last weekend, while holidaying in Penang, I came across this book entitled – Hail Penang ! by George Bilainkin. I strongly suggest you all read this book, particularly chapter 21 (the last chapter) entitled – Malaya – for Whom ? This is the chapter that is most relevant to all of us. The first 20 chapters are meant for Penangites only.
Allow me to share by quoting one (powerful) paragraph from the last chapter:
If we take the duty of protecting the Malay literally and intend during our guardianship to make him fit to assume complete command within the Commonwealth when he thinks he wishes so to do, we must remember the cardinal fact that the Malay has the first right to Malaya even if he only wishes to bask lazily there. It is his country, and short of his desiring to commit suicide (which the Koran forbids !) or bringing British administration into disgrace by economic deterioration, he must be allowed to decide how far and how much he will work. The Malay must be the British Government’s first consideration. He must be the last consideration. The affairs of immigrant Chinese and Indians (whatever their numbers) can only be permitted to obtrude when they do not clash with those of the rightful owners of the land. Malaya must be handed back to the Malays, whole.
Malaya has put her trust in the British people. It is a sacred, unqualified trust.
For your information, the writer was a British citizen working in Penang as an editor to The Straits Echo in 1929-1930. The book was written/published in 1932 (long before Malaya gained independence and long before racial riots in 1969 which gave birth to the NEP !). The book I read was reprinted in 2010.
Warm Regards. Happy reading.
Mat Noor Nawi”
- ► 2015 (60)
- ► 2014 (50)
- ► 2013 (118)
- ► 2012 (371)
- Mentaliti puak pendatang akan sentiasa mempertikai...
- Dulu Mereng Mahawangsa kini Omegay pulak berdrama
- PAS Kelantan takutkan DAP dan MAGERAN lebih dari A...
- 4 askar Burundi akan di dakwa membunuh Noramfaizul
- Instituti Raja Kedah mesti ambil balik Pulau Pinan...
- Malayan Malaya concept in 1929/30-George Bilainkin...
- Prefect Nazri versus Anwar
- Kalau awal dah nampak memperjuangkan diri sendiri,...
- Ini dia Bendera Malaysia yang baru
- Berpolitik politiklah tapi janganlah sampai kita j...
- MemBADUTkan RAKYAT: HARI MALAYSIA HARI MANSUHKAN I...
- Dari sudut kaca perancangan strategi: Mana mungkin...
- MAT SABU al Buriti dari Parti Ulamak Komunis Isla...
- UMNO Johor sabotaj Najib dan UMNO Pusat?
- Nik Aziz dan PAS harus di persalahkan atas kematia...
- Peranan Malaysia dalam perhubungan erat CIA dan Ga...
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2010 (126)
- ► 2009 (49)